What Is the Name of the File Manager in Microsoft Windows Brainly?
Are you using Microsoft Windows and wondering what the name of the file manager is? If yes, you are in the right place. In this article, we will discuss the file manager in Microsoft Windows, its features, and how to use it effectively. So, let’s get started.
What is a File Manager?
A file manager is a software tool used to manage files and folders on a computer. It allows you to browse, create, delete, move, copy, and rename files and folders. File managers also provide additional features such as searching for files, viewing file properties, and changing file attributes.
File Manager in Microsoft Windows
The file manager in Microsoft Windows is known as File Explorer. It is a graphical user interface (GUI) tool that allows you to navigate and manage files and folders on your computer. File Explorer was introduced in Windows 95 and has been a part of every version of Windows since then.
Features of File Explorer
File Explorer comes with many useful features that help you manage your files and folders effectively. Some of the features include:
The navigation pane on the left side of File Explorer displays a list of frequently accessed folders and allows you to quickly navigate to any folder on your computer.
File Explorer uses a ribbon interface that displays all the available commands in a tabbed toolbar. This makes it easy to access and use different commands.
Quick Access Toolbar
The Quick Access Toolbar is located at the top of File Explorer and allows you to add frequently used commands for quick access.
The search box in File Explorer allows you to search for files and folders on your computer quickly.
File and Folder Operations
File Explorer allows you to perform many file and folder operations such as copying, moving, deleting, renaming, and creating new files and folders.
File Explorer also displays the properties of a file or folder, including its size, date modified, and attributes.
How to Use File Explorer
Using File Explorer is easy. Here are the basic steps:
- Open File Explorer by clicking on the folder icon on the taskbar or by pressing the Windows key + E on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the folder you want to manage using the navigation pane.
- Use the ribbon interface to perform file and folder operations.
- View the properties of a file or folder by right-clicking on it and selecting “Properties.”
File Explorer is the file manager in Microsoft Windows. It comes with many features that allow you to manage your files and folders effectively. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced user, File Explorer makes it easy to perform file and folder operations.
- Can I change the layout of File Explorer? Yes, you can change the layout of File Explorer by selecting “View” from the ribbon interface and choosing from the available layout options.
- Can I customize the Quick Access Toolbar? Yes, you can customize the Quick Access Toolbar by right-clicking on it and selecting “Customize Quick Access Toolbar.”
- How do I search for a specific file in File Explorer? You can search for a specific file in File Explorer by typing its name in the search box.
- Can I compress files and folders in File Explorer? Yes, you can compress files and folders in File Explorer by right-clicking on them and selecting “Send to” > “Compressed (zipped) folder.”
- Is File Explorer available in Windows 10? Yes, File Explorer is available in Windows 10 and is the default file manager.